
Happy Wednesday! Leo and I are very excited to go visit baby Maya today - she is the daughter of one of Matt's fellow 2nd-year residents and the second baby, after Leo, born to the Harbor-UCLA EM class of 2013!
Solid food is going so-so. Leo still loooooves his oatmeal. Lukewarm on bananas and sweet potatoes. He likes the first two bites of the SP's and then he is DONE. So that's fine. Yesterday instead of mashing the bananas with a fork i just cut them into teeny cubes and put them on his tray. He seemed to really be interested in that, and although I got the same horrified banana-face when he tasted them, he kept trying them and gumming them around. Loving this fruit-and-veggie adventure. I hope to try some pureed peas soon. Or maybe he would prefer avocado?
Since last week, Matt and I have observed a very sudden emergence of personality - Leo has been protesting and demanding things. He cries when we leave the room or take a toy away before he is ready (it's actually usually the fascinating Desitin tub that we are trying to move). He is really showing his likes and dislikes and his desires. It is fascinating and wonderful albeit a bit frightening: to what extent do we need to hold firm, how much should we give in? - I mean, he's only six months old so we are not stressing out, it's more funny than anything. And exciting to see him showing us more of who he is.
He is so very sweet and cuddly and SO smiley. Several things make him absolutely CRACK UP with laughter - the squirty toys in the bath, lifting him up high above our heads, saying the word "Puppy!," saying "Choo-weeee" in a high voice like my dad does after Leo sneezes. He is incredibly goofy and I love that.
No comments:
Post a Comment