Ughhhh. I have gotten myself into a horrible sleep routine. I've been staying up later and later each night and now I can't get to sleep. It's 1:30 AM! I am 30 years old and seven months pregnant, not a college student. I'm wide awake and ready to party. This is ridiculous.
Pregnancy insomnia, combined with the eat-small-meals-frequently pregnancy appetite, is a no-win. The later I stay up, the more likely it is that I will have to eat a snack (tonight's feature is a plain, dry piece of wheat bread!) so that my growling gut doesn't keep me awake. I never realize that I need a snack until AFTER I've brushed and flossed.
AND A late-night snack means that my fine fetal friend is likely to start dancing around in about 25 minutes. JUST AS I'M LYING DOWN TRYING TO SLEEP
Wahhhh...poor me. My problems are soooo huge. Pity me! If you are still reading this...I apologize. As I seem to have to do a lot on my blog these days. OK. Tomorrow I will be happy pregnant Lindsay again...I promise. On the bright side, I'm very grateful to be unemployed right now. Yay!
(Six months ago, my blog was about our adventures traveling Planet Earth; today, it's about my adventures in Planet Pregnant Stomach...my, how things have progressed.)
Don't feel guilty about these things!!! You have been taken over by a little guy who completely depends on YOU for everything, and in his time of need you will most likely get the short end of the stick. So, I think it's pretty amazing that you're sense of humor and positivity prevail most of the time. :) Plus, everything is relative in terms of "having progressed." You are doing a pretty miraculous thing right now. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your note. I think about you all of the time! I hope you are loving your three boys like crazy!
ReplyDeleteI'm really doing great. I am trying to love every minute of this pregnancy. It's such a special time and I feel wonderful being pregnant!