Tuesday, June 5, 2012

a great day!

Today was a great day.

We had a rough night with lots of waking.  L had a cold a few weeks back and he has a cough that just won't quit, and it wakes him up and requires a lot of rocking with Mama and cuddling.  So I was really, really tired this morning, and we got up late, around 740, and we were supposed to be at the gym for kids' club at 8.  So I didn't think we were going to make it.  But then I got an email from a friend describing her awesome day and how she feels like she's just having a great day and kicking butt and it just kicked me into gear.  We had a quick breakfast and ran to the gym late.  I did a hard 30 minutes on the elliptical while Leo played at kids' club.  He was happy when I picked him up and then we met some friends at a fun park, then came home for lunch and a looooong nap for each of us, then a really fun afternoon with several friends at this really fun little saltwater water park down the street - Seaside Lagoon!  It was SO awesome - we LOVE the beach but the water here is usually too cold and the waves/currents are too powerful for wee ones to swim, and this place has an awesome, shallow saltwater wading pool - Leo had an awesome time walking in the water, grabbing handfuls of sand beneath the water, and even catching himself when he'd fall forward - I had a fantastic time, so much fun.  I want to go back every day until the local schools get out for summer and it gets too packed.

When we got home Leo was in the best mood - he ate a great dinner and then had a fun bath and played until bed.  He fell asleep smiling.  I felt like such a CHAMPION!

Then, thanks to this awesome thing we are doing called The Fresh 20 I made an awesome dinner and left a plate in the fridge for Matt when he gets home from his shift late, late tonight. 

I'm feeling really, really happy.  Being a parent - SAH or working - is incredibly hard work, and it usually seems like the harder you work, the higher an energy level you FORCE yourself to operate on, the better the outcome.  It's hard to rise to the job.  I can't do it every day.  Some days I feel like I'm treading water just to keep my head up.  Some days, like today, are awesome in spite of the piles of laundry lying around the house.  I can kick butt on laundry tomorrow.  Today, I did a great job at helping my toddler learn, explore, and play; cooking; and working out.  That's enough for today!







Good night :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you posted a link to your blog. I hadn't checked it in a while! Sounds like a fun day! Yay Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete