About 1.5 seconds after we sat down in the theatre, Matt turned to me and suggested that I go ahead and take the test in the bathroom so that we could stop freaking out about them. Vietnamese pregnancy tests are of the pee-in-a-cup variety. Yes, I peed in a cup while balanced over a western-style toilet with eastern-style footprints on the seat...and it was positive. Of course, I immediately took the other test as well - not an easy task, balancing and all, while convulsing violently with adrenaline. By the time I went back into the theater, I was officially a pregnant lady and I had missed about 10 minutes of Ironman II - not that it mattered or that we could pay attention to any of the rest of it. We were pretty distracted, anyway...but Mickey Rourke's face will always take me back to that special day...
The little old lady who ran the pharmacy was SO excited when we returned to her shop that night to purchase prenatal vitamins.
My first bouts of morning sickness started on a ferry boat from Phuket to Ko Phi Phi. The worst day was the day we decided to take a morning snorkel trip - I didn't know yet that I needed to carry food and eat every hour or so, so I got horribly nauseous, and there was no respite (nauseous in water, nauseous in boat). The snorkeling was still pretty awesome, though. Around this time I suddenly became repulsed by the idea of Thai food of any kind. I spent one of our very last days of vacation lying in bed in a yucky budget hotel room and only woke up to force-feed myself some pizza that my sweet husband managed to get for me.
I was finally able to eat Asian food again just the other night - about three months later.
Moments after taking the test:
Oops, I was pregnant and didn't know it:
Morning sickness during and after the snorkel trip from pregnancy hell (AKA "all I want is garlic bread" or "hurry up and take this picture before I vomit off of the side of this longboat"):
Oh, Lindsay...this is priceless. What a great story you'll have to tell this little bundle of joy later in life. Don't worry - I went "on a bender" at a wedding about two weeks before I realized I was pregnant with our second son....oh, and at a Ducks Unlimited banquet just one week before finding out I was pregnant with our first son. I forgot about that one...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, all is well, both are amazingly healthy and look beautiful, too. Keep posting about the pregnancy. This is going to be good. Again, I am so happy for you both. The first pregnancy is a special one, even if your head is hanging in a toilet a lot of the time. If you crave any potica, let me know and I'll ship some out for you. Take care, Linds!