My favorite is the mama with the baby on her back (ape? gorilla? chimp? I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know my primates). The fox doesn't really fit in the safari theme...I purchased him on accident...but he is welcome to stay. Make it work.
Here are a couple of photos I found online and am using for inspiration:


I love how they used the branch in the bird mobile. I might do that. I'm struggling with how to make it actually...um...hang. I bought some wooden dowels, but they seem boring. I'm a little stuck. But really proud of myself for having the idea to use the wire. I wired 'em REAL GOOD so they don't fall on my baby.
Does anyone have any questions for me about how unemployment is going? No?
chimpanzee! this i learned from having children. just like how i learned the difference between an excavator and backhoe loader. i've actually had conversations with other adult women about these things. we clearly had two year old sons. ahhh, motherhood.
ReplyDeleteI tried this for Naz as well. While my intentions were pure, the result was less than inspiring. Needless to say, baby Bo got a store bought one. I hope you are craftier than I, fair Mama-to-be, can't wait to see the finished product. Lots of love~
ReplyDelete