Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life's a breech

My baby is breech at 32 weeks. Sono at 35 weeks to see if he's turned...it's still, apparently, common for them to turn between 32 and 35 weeks. Rare after that. Cross your fingers that all of the pelvic tilts I'm about to do on a daily basis will help.

A homophone for "breech" is "breach," as in "a security breach." An archaic meaning of the word "breach" is "the breaking of waves; the dashing of surf." OK, it's a stretch...I'm just sayin'...this is Matt's baby.

Anyone have any tips or tricks for turning a breech baby? Pelvic tilts, feet up on the wall, shine a bright light on the bottom of your belly...these are all I know. Share share.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, it's Matt's baby but its your's too. Don't doubt the power of talking to that wee passenger of yours and telling it whats in store. Turn, baby, turn. Indeed, you have time, but the sooner the better for everyone. And I am pretty sure there are some midwives there who deliver breeches, they are just underground. Just give me the word if you want me to get out my bat signal to find a few!

    ReplyDelete