Thursday, November 18, 2010

What a week.

Fela is sick. We noticed that he had stopped eating, for the most part, and that he was looking really skinny and was lethargic. We took him to the vet yesterday and they were able to give him a full exam - totally unheard of for Fela - he usually fights them off with a vengeance. We learned that he has lost two pounds in less than two months. I feel horrible, horrible, horrible for not noticing sooner...but I see him every day, and his coat is still shiny and pretty, and he's still sweet...I just didn't see it.

The vet called this morning and said that his blood tests show that he is severely anemic and needs a transfusion, which he will get this afternoon, along with an ultrasound and some xrays - and possibly more bloodwork. I am really dreading this. Something is causing him to be anemic - and also to not want to eat.

We have had Fela for nearly nine years - almost our entire relationship. Fela was my first Christmas present from Matt...he was a tiny little kitten. He cried the whole first night that we had him. The second night, he slept in my hair. We've been his ever since. With the exception of a few extended trips that Matt and I have taken, he's been with us for most of our adult lives.

He loves to be spanked and to stand and walk in front of Matt with his rear feet on top of Matt's feet. He is incredibly goofy and fun and sweet.

Please send sweet Fela your good vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment