Monday, November 15, 2010

Lefa 2.0

My uncle sent me the following email and I had to had to HAD TO share it:

Saw your post on your blog about Aunt Lefa - loved it! I can add a few more details too...

The young boy's father approached Lefa at her house in the afternoon and said he had some business to take care of and that he would be back for his son that evening.

She "borrowed" the pistol from her neighbor and when the man came back, he was drunk. He tossed her to the floor and started heading for the bedrooms. Lefa got in his way again and he threw her up against the wall, this time tearing her dress. As he continued toward the bedrooms, she grabbed the pistol which she was hiding under her apron and shot him in the back several times. Lefa was put on trial for murder, but the court found her not guilty and awarded her $5 for a new dress. True story!

I remember your Granddad and I visited Lefa during the summer of 1980. She was not expecting any visitors so when she answered the door she had a large butcher knife in her lap (she was in a wheelchair at the time). I remember how she tried to hide the knife under her apron as soon as she recognized "Harve". She was quite embarrassed, but I'll never forget that knife - it was huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment