She was a beauty queen, an immaculate hostess, and a mother who raised a family of six without ever learning how to drive a car. She was a businesswoman. I grew up a half mile from her and she never missed a single choir concert, dance recital or spelling bee.
She had thousands of friends. She was hilarious and incredibly smart. She was a devout Catholic. She taught me how to play cards and gloated when she beat me. She used to rub my back to warm me up after I swam in the cold lake in the summer in MN.
She loved music and baking and her family. She hid chocolates and didn't share them with anybody. She made the best cinnamon rolls and the BEST BEST chocolate chip cookies. She sent me home baked goods all through college.
She married her one great true love.
I am proud that I made her a great-grandmother.

Rest peacefully, my beloved Nana. How I will miss you.
This post is full of love. She sounds like she was everything a Grandma is supposed to be. Just love.
ReplyDelete