1) A pack n play! from my fabulous brother- and sister-in-law;
2) my first CSA delivery! from Farm Fresh to You - I got apples, spinach, carrots, lettuce, kale, GB's, and some incredible tomatoes - I spent the morning washing veggies and putting some into the crock pot; and
3) some makeup from Meow Cosmetics, which is really good makeup for very pale girls like me.
THEN, we got a brief thunderstorm!!! What a wonderful day.
I was also thinking about thumb sucking today. My friend E just had baby #3 and announced today that he is her first thumb sucker.
I was a thumb sucker. My mom got me to stop when I was 3 or so. I had been begging her to paint my fingernails, but she refused because of the thumbsucking. Finally, she relented, but said that I had to stop sucking my thumb if I had painted nails. She came into my room in the middle of the night to check on me and found me with my little thumbs tucked tight inside my hands so I wouldn't suck them. You can't bring this story up in front of my mom or she starts to weep. To this day I have a habit of squeezing my thumbs between my fingers when I'm stressed or excited.
I'm starting to become familiar with this little dude's habits. It's hard not to wonder who's in there and what he does to occupy his time. I know that when he presses hard towards my front, and I respond by pressing back with my hand, he will often kick my hand or push away in response. Response. It seems far-fetched to think of him "responding" to me - but that's what it is, so.
Fela gently informs me that there isn't much lap left on my lap:
No comments:
Post a Comment