My husband has an horrible cold so I am hoping the baby will wait a while longer so that neither of us are sick when he comes. He is feeling awful, and even called in sick today. More importantly (sorry, love of my life), I don't want a cold during labor. I am not good at being sick. I'm a very whiny and pathetic sick person and I can't imagine that a cold would help empower me during labor.
Also, and even worse, Fela is sick again and we don't know what is wrong. He is so listless, and he is not eating. His blood tests aren't showing anything dramatic. His red cell count is still good. He is dehydrated, though, and has lost weight. Some nutrients are out of whack. A little bit but not much. Matt gave him some IV fluids tonight hoping that it would perk him up (yes - our cat loves us - we held him down and Matt injected fluids into his scruff - 20 minutes later he was back in my lap). The vet adjusted his meds too.
I am just feeling awful for him and I don't know what else to do to help him other than hope that the medication adjustment helps. It's awful timing. He bounced back so well last time, but this time I fear that some sinister underlying issue (that caused his illness in the first place?) is starting to show up again. Cancer?? Some gastric disease?? We don't know. Sigh. I feel grief bubbling up again and that is not what I want to feel right now. I can't help it. I love my cat.
On a more positive note, while mi esposo was sick on the couch today I cleaned out my closet, bagged up a bunch of clothes to donate, began packing away my maternity clothes (yes, I know that I will need to continue wearing some after the birth - but I packed them up neatly in a box in my closet so that I can access them easily and then be ready to quickly hide them away when I am done with them so that I don't burn them). Oh, and I also framed Matt's med school diploma (which was a much more difficult and frustrating task than I expected - but I succeeded in putting it in its giant frame and only getting one little wrinkle in it - it doesn't matter, you can't hang a med school diploma in an emergency room).
Nest...feathered.
No comments:
Post a Comment