Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fela.

I miss him so much it hurts. My stomach hurts.

I can't bring myself to write about it yet. I'm too heartbroken. Too many emotions in one week. But we are doing fine. Leo is the (pardon the cliche) light of my life and I adore every moment with him. I just miss my cat. There will never be another Fela.

Some day soon I'll need to put my thoughts down about it. But not yet. Thank you to everyone who sent me their sweet condolences. It has meant so, so much. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write anyone back.

I will never stop loving Fela. But I hope it stops hurting so very much.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, with time it will stop hurting so much. I also shared a cat with my husband, and it was one of our first memories as a couple, and when our cat passed away, it was brutal. I couldn't believe how much I cried and mourned. Afterall, it was only a cat, right? Well, we cat lovers know that these little furballs are part of the family, and it IS hard.

    Thinking of you, and I hope with each passing day, it gets a little bit easier. I have no doubt that you and Matt gave Fela the BEST life ever, and whereever Fela is right now, I have no doubt he's happy and pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Leah. That means so, so very much!

    ReplyDelete