There are not adequate words to describe everything you see when you look at your own baby's face. I can try to tell you that when I look at Leo I see every hope and desire I've ever had, every fear that has ever kept me awake at night, every shortcoming I see in myself, and everything I love about myself, as well. I see his father and our whole history together. And our future. I see every fear I have about being a parent. I see everything I loved about my childhood. Yes, I see my loss of freedom and flexibility. I also see a new love that fills me in a completely new way. I can't believe that I haven't always known him. His face is so familiar, yet so new at the same time. He looks like me, he looks like my husband, he looks like Leo.
Wow. This is rambly. Guess who hasn't slept in three weeks?
No comments:
Post a Comment