I've been sick with an awful cold since Tuesday. I have only left the house a handful of times and only for a little while at a time. I guess I have been trying to enjoy the luxury of only having myself to look after...the next time I get an awful cold, I doubt I'll be able to freeze everything and lie around for a week...or so I hear...from people who are parents.
I have a lengthy to-do list that I was looking forward to tackling. I have not made much of a dent in it. Even the easy little things that I can do from home - thank you notes, starting to pack a bag, etc. - I've been much more inclined to do absolutely nothing except work through the first few seasons of Grey's Anatomy on Hulu. Yes, Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I am ashamed of myself.
I was pretty certain that I would feel better today, and I looked forward to getting out of the house. When I woke up this morning, I felt like complete shit and resigned myself to another day on the couch. I had no complaints. I was happy with my OJ, cough drops, blanket, TV and sometime lap cat. UNTIL about 10:45 PM tonight, when I suddenly felt a huge surge of vitality and energy (completely unrelated, I am sure, to the massive amount of Nutella I had just consumed) and a need to get some shit DONE. Did I mention that it has been pouring rain all day? I'm still sick, there is no way I'm going out in this rain at 11:30 on a Saturday night, and yet I'm stuck here with my energy surge and a big to-do list and did I mention that it's almost midnight???
It is going to be a long night.
No comments:
Post a Comment