I've been trying to decide how much money and time (and how soon) I wanted to spend on different ways to turn my breech baby (acupuncture, Webster technique chiropractor, moxibustion, etc). We've been doing inversions off of the couch, using the rebozo techniques our doula showed us, and I've been skipping squatting postures in yoga class. But there are other things one can try, and they cost money, and our insurance does not cover them. So Matt and I decided that before we make any appointments, we should check things out and see if the little guy is indeed still breech...so he gave me an ultrasound at the hospital tonight. His attending let us borrow a room and an ultrasound machine and let him sneak away for a minute. It was fun. Just the two of us, an ancient ultrasound machine, an almost-empty bottle of freezing cold ultrasound gel, and our big baby.
And that baby was head down. Head down! Face out - facing in is ideal - but I'll take it.
We jiggled my belly and watched his little arms move around. He rubbed his face and I felt him punch my abdominal wall. It was amazing and cute to see and feel at the same time. I also got to see the penis this time, which I missed last time. There's a little penis in my belly.
McLovin' ItIt was a day of good news, as I also took the kitty to the vet for a recheck and we discovered that his red blood cell count had improved greatly. Hooray!!! Healthy kitty, healthy baby. I got home tonight and ate so much food it was unbelievable. I think I've been holding all of this worry...trying not to, but holding it nonetheless.
Fela is telling me that it's bedtime. He has ways. So goodnight.


No comments:
Post a Comment