Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 2.0

2010 was a big year, and not at all like I thought it would be.

We started out the year not knowing where we would live during its second half. I left a job which left me less than inspired at the end of the workday, though I worked for and with some wonderful people. My husband became an actual degreed and practicing M.D. We had the opportunity to travel in Southeast Asia again - six full weeks, in addition to several more weeks spent roaming, visiting family, apartment searching in and moving to LA - totaling about three months of complete free time with my husband.

I got pregnant. We moved across the country. I taught music and theater again. I got into yoga again. I spent most of the year thinking and dreaming about - and preparing for - my first baby's birth. Our beloved cat, who's been with us for almost a decade, nearly died and then bounced back with the help of modern (veterinary) medicine and is just about as good as new. He also learned how to climb up on my pregnant belly and hug me around the neck. It's all about adapting, really.

2010, you were good. Here's to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment