Saturday, August 11, 2012

Unco Wy

We had a visit from my brother and his sweet and lovely lady friend, who are doing a cross country Western US road trip.  They stayed for two nights.  Leo was in heaven with his Unco Wy.  His first words before falling asleep and after waking were "Unco Wy" for three days straight.

 

Unco Wy's special lady had surfed a few times so she went with Matt.  Here they are paddling out but you can't see them...or can you?


Unco and I alternated applying sunscreen for 15 minutes and then chasing Leo. 


After applying sunscreen, I said, "Oh forget it" and laid down on my back and let Wy chase Leo for a while.  "Yell if you get bored or tired," I said. 


He never yelled... 




...not once!


Wy and I had biked to the beach.  Leo had so much fun that he fell asleep on the ride back.  Incredibly, he slept for two hours even after I unbuckled his helmet, pulled him out of his bike seat, carried him upstairs, unlocked the door, tripped on the baby gate...Uncoes are exhausting...



...but Leos are more exhausting.  This is Leo playing The Game with his uncle.  And winning.  Leo always wins, I think that's one of the rules. 




We were a little blue after they left this afternoon to continue their adventure.  Leo woke up from his nap calling for his Wy, but I explained that Uncle Ryan had to go home, so he went bye-bye, and we'll see him in Minnesota in a few weeks.  Leo seemed to consider this and accept it.  Throughout the rest of the day, he would periodically remind me, "Byebye Unco Wy" and my heart would mellllt.

Electric bike rides are a known cure for the blues in this house, so we embarked on a little afternoon adventure of our own to cheer ourselves up.  Mama wore lots of fancy accessories to try to avoid getting sunburned.


<3>

Byebye Unco Wy and Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment