Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dear Leo.

I am kind of overwhelmed by it tonight, and just had to tell you how very much I love you. I don't know if I really have the words to describe it, but I will try.

We were alone most of the day; your papa is on swing shifts right now so he sleeps late. When he got up, he took us to brunch and then we walked around the Redondo Beach pier and you chased seagulls. Then we came home and the three of us wrestled and cuddled and played in the living room. I kept you awake as long as I could because I wanted you to enjoy being with Papa.

After he left for work around three, you surprised me by taking a long, late second nap and didn't wake up till 5pm! You usually get up by four at the latest, and usually even earlier, so I knew tonight would be a late-bedtime kind of night.

You didn't take a bath until almost eight (you usually bathe around 630) and didn't go to sleep until after 830. You were up a lot last night and I was rocking you, so I am really tired tonight and I was looking forward to having lots of "me" time after you went to bed to watch a movie, relax, et cetera.

Instead I am up blogging about you and posting this quick picture I snapped tonight of you wrapped up all cozy in your towel after your bath. Because you've been asleep for not quite an hour, and I miss you.

That's how much I love you. Now I am going to watch my movie!


[addendum: I just found this picture, taken one year ago today - out to brunch with Papa! Probably your very first trip out to brunch - five weeks old! I had to add it to this post/love letter.]

2 comments:

  1. They fill us with an incredible love,huh? It's the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of you and if I had a blog I would totally write about it. But, I am blogless.

    ReplyDelete