Matt and I made a snow-themed birthday cake and I decorated with snowflake stickers and snowflake glitter. I kept it relatively low-key because I'm gigantically pregnant and unmotivated, but I wanted to make it special for him so we did our best to make it "snowy."
The morning of his party, he jumped out of bed and ran to the window to see if it had snowed. I explained that I couldn't REALLY make it snow, we were just going to make the party look a little wintery. It was a sweet moment and he understood.
The party was so much fun, the cake was delicious and Leo and all of his little friends had a great time.
And then, about halfway through the party, it started to snow. The first snow of the season.
It snowed for the rest of the party and it snowed all over us while we loaded up the car and drove home. By the time we got home, it had stopped and melted.
His wish came true. It was one of the sweetest, happiest, most magical little moments I've ever witnessed in my life.
____
____
"Babe, what day is it? Friday? Am I making an igloo out of sugarcubes at midnight on a Friday?"
What? Sometimes snow is off-white...er, yellow.
It took us three late nights to make this cake. I had no idea how hard proper cake-baking really was.
____
____
There were boys there too, I swear.
____
Happy 3 years and 49 weeks, my beloved boy. You are loved and treasured more than you could ever possibly know.





No comments:
Post a Comment