We've been doing our best to really take advantage of the beach while we are still here. The surf here has been woefully nonexistent for the past month or more, so my poor husband has not been able to get out and enjoy surfing at all. But we've been trying to go down to the beach almost every evening, to dig in the sand, run around and/or splash in the waves. Leo and Matt like to splash, I like to watch (that water is crazy cold and I don't have a wetsuit).
The beach has been a huge part of our family life since Matt and my pregnant self moved to the little apartment 1/2 block from Hermosa Beach over four years ago. I spent Leo's infant days walking the strand, patting his back and praying for a nap.
But strangely, it wasn't until we moved here that I truly, profoundly fell in love with the ocean. The beaches up north here are different - they are wilder, craggier, cliffier, windier, chillier, with more tidepools, sea otters, foggy mornings and humbling sunsets. I can't believe how lucky I feel that we have gotten to live next to this breathtaking beach for six months. It has been incredible.
Here are some of my favorites from our time in the Black's Beach 'hood:
Goodbye, Pacific Ocean. We won't be neighbors anymore, but my heart will never stop running to you and these memories you gave me.
No comments:
Post a Comment