I got sick yesterday.
Around 7:30 am I lost what was left of the previous night's fancy banquet dinner. Leo woke up a half hour later and I braced myself for what was sure to be a long and exhausting day.
The morning started out OK. I kept the sofabed in the living room folded out and Leo and I played quietly and napped on it. But eventually I had to run to the bathroom with Leo and his bouncy seat in tow. Leo laughed at me. I guess he's never seen anyone throw up before. Glad it didn't frighten him, I guess.
I started feeling worse. Matt finally got me some meds and IV fluids and came home (in the middle of his call shift) but I was so dehydrated he couldn't find a vein to stick. Plus, every time I sat up so he could try to stick me, I would nearly pass out and immediately have to lie back down. Because he couldn't find a vein, I was bleeding from being stuck. Leo started to fuss. Just as he was about to finally get the IV in I got nauseous. So the inside of my elbow was bleeding, my baby was crying, I was repeatedly almost passing out and simultaneously puking into a wastebasket while Matt was desperately trying to get the needle in so he could wash his hands and pick up a distraught Leo. Did I mention that I also had a fever and chills and it hurt to be touched? Today it's funny.
After the fluids and some anti nausea meds, Matt took Leo out for a long walk while I slept. I woke up feeling better and even ate and drank a bit. Matt had to go back to work for the night. The rest of the day was better. I was still weak but I was able to put Leo in the neglectabouncer and I even turned on Yo Gabba Gabba (judge me - do it!) and Leo was very entertained.
We both slept well last night and today I feel fantastic. That's the only upshot of a horrible sick day. The day you finally feel better, you feel so...alive.
I think it must have just been something bad I ate, because Matt and Leo are both fine, as are all the mama friends that I walked with on Friday.
Yay!
Bless your heart!! (doesn't that saying make you miss Texas?)
ReplyDelete