I'm staying here, on Blogger, for now.
This blog isn't really for your entertainment anymore. Like many of my other blogging-mom-friends, now I'm blogging sort of as a "baby book" for myself and for Leo, I guess. And also updates for those who are interested. (I'm not fooling myself - most of this info is really only interesting to family and close friends. But be my guest and read away, if you wish.)
So. Leo is 16 weeks old. He'll be 4 months next Saturday. I can't believe my baby is getting so big. He weighs over 14 pounds and is already wearing 6-month clothes. His little body is shaped like a mini version of his Papa's - long torso, very muscular. He looks like a mini muscle man when he is naked (and he is sooooo cuuuuuute naked).
He is getting so strong and so mobile. He can roll both ways now, though he's startled by it about half the time and thrilled the other half - it's a coin toss. He loves loves LOVES when I sing and instantly joins in cooing. He grabs everything and it goes straight to the mouth. Not necessary INTO the mouth, just "AT" it. Everything is mouth these days. Drool, smile, laugh, suck. He loves when I blow zerberts on his tummy or tickle it while saying "TEEKLE TEEKLE TEEKLE." He'll belly laugh for that.
Baby belly laughs...the best sound ever. Could there be anything better than knowing your baby is happy and joy-filled and learning, every day? It seems that my dramatic child may take after me - sometimes we can distract him mid-meltdown and make him giggle until he is sobbing and laughing at the same time. The old actor trick.
He wakes up twice to eat at night, still the same. Sometimes he wakes up and needs to be soothed back to sleep, otherwise he is pretty good at putting himself to sleep and getting back to sleep after he wakes up. SO awesome.
That's about it in our lives. I was going to write down some of my thoughts on motherhood but the baby is crying, so bye. As a parting gift, I leave you with this image: me, home alone with Leo after one of Matt's call shifts, simultaneously hearing the telltale sounds of a poop and a barf and finding my leggings covered in both (not my own). Ah...motherhood. When they talk about "that new-mother glow" what they are really saying is that your skin looks shiny because it probably has baby saliva on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment