Friday, March 18, 2011

Wait, I have a blog?

Wow, it's been a while.

Things have changed, so much. Leo is ten weeks old today. He nurses about every four hours and wakes up twice to nurse during the night. He has started sleeping in his crib instead of the bassinet in the living room - my living room no longer looks like Babies R Us threw up all over the psych ward - and I have started sleeping in my own bed (for most of the night - the rest I stay in the guest bed next to his crib - a great improvement over sleeping on a mattress on the living room floor). He stays in his crib for about eleven hours. His naps are still messy but he's getting better. He wakes up after about 20 minutes, wants to play, then nap again before he eats again.

He is smiley and active. He loves to "stand" - I hold his little hands and he balances with great determination and excitement. He loves tummy time and holds his head up pretty much all of the time. He loves to walk in the Bjorn but hates the stroller. He loves his little gym/mat and coos and talks to his animal friends that hang from it - and has recently started kicking them and being delighted with himself for doing so.

We have had lots of visitors - most recently Uncle Ryan, who was a big hit with Leo. We spent an entire day in LA and Leo was great. He even tolerated the stroller while we shoved Umami Burger down our throats.

Things are good. The early days were rough. It is much easier now. I get between 5-8 hours of sleep per night - usually around 7. I can function like a normal person, mostly. His schedule is more predictable and I can plan my day. It's good. He's good.



I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment