Mama: Leo, let's make Papa a Fathers' Day card with your crayons!
Leo: No, I don't want to.
Mama: Want to use finger paints?
Leo: NO, I don't want to, I'm NOT happy about dis!
-
Mama: [in a discussion about grandparents]...and Grandpa is my daddy.
Leo: No. Papa is my daddy.
Mama: Papa is your daddy, and Grandpa is my daddy, and Grandma is my mom.
Leo: No. Papa is my daddy. Sorry babe.
-
Mama: Leo, want to go to the park?
Leo: Oh no, I can't go, it's too sunny, too bright in the eyes.
-
Mama: Leo, want to go outside?
Leo: No, can't go outside, it's so cold, it's so rainy, it's so windy.
[it was a gloriously warm, sunny day]
-
Papa: Leo, come here and look at this.
Leo: NOOOOOOOO!
Mama: Leo! Can you say no nicely?
Leo: NOOOOO TAAAAANKS!
-
[we recently had the discussion about "not touching other people's bodies" i.e. hitting, pushing etc; Leo and I walked out of the house yesterday morning and:]
[patting his tummy and legs] I'm touchin' my body...I'm touchin' my body...I'm touchin' my body.
-
[during a hand-in-hand evening walk by the beach]
Mama, I'm so happy. It's a Mama and Leo day. [kisses my hand]
-
[driving home after an afternoon at the pool, tiny voice from back of car]
Papa, tank you for swimming with Leo.
-
[walking in the marina on a lovely evening, passing by a group of people speaking Arabic]
Buenas dias.
-
Mama, I'm missing food in my mouth. I need a cupcake in there.
These are so cute and so funny!! It's so good that you write down what he says! Definitely worth remembering.
ReplyDelete