Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Malibaby


We took a spontaneous day trip to Malibu today so Matt could surf and Leo and I could play on the beach. It was so spur-of-the-moment that we just threw a bunch of stuff in bags and went...it was cool at our house so I didn't even bring swimsuits for Leo and I and I sort of wish I had, as he had SO much fun crawling in the wet sand, his pants were soaked through.


When we first got there, we set ourselves up with his play blanket and some toys and he had some lunch, then I carried him down to the water and let him watch the surf come in. Then I held his hands while he walked around a bit. Finally, after much hesitation on my part, I just put him down and let him go. He immediately squealed with pure glee and headed straight for the waves. For the better part of an hour he crawled in the wet sand (I had to constantly redirect him from the water, surfboards, tasty-looking kelp) screaming and laughing with joy. He absolutely loved it.

He finally started melting down a little and was getting really annoyed with his hat and with me for wiping sand off of his face and not letting him put things in his mouth, then he face-planted and took a big mouthful of sand and it was not happyville anymore. Very fortunately, Matt's daddy-telepathy kicked in and he came in from his surfing at that moment and gave Leo a little cleaning in the cold shower.


We ended our day with a little dinner out (burgers for Matt and I, avocado and bits of sweet potato fries for Leo) and a trip to the park. Lovely day for a mama, a papa, and a 9 1/2 month old sweet boy.


We had so much fun, I could hardly get him to stop to nurse. Sitting with the pump for a loooong time tonight...hence, a blog post.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are still nursing! Quite an accomplishment! You are my hero! Congrats! Fun day!

    ReplyDelete