Friday, April 15, 2011

Milestones

A week or so ago Leo's nursing routine got all crazy for a couple of days, then back on track again while (and after) we were in Texas. I'm pretty sure it was another little growth spurt, as he seems to have gotten huger in the past week and I'm having to drag out the 6-month clothes.

He has started belly laughing. It's the most wonderful sound. He has also started reaching for things, grasping them (with my help) and pulling them to his mouth.

I feel like I'm over the major early-breastfeeding hurdles. I realized this week that I'm really enjoying nursing him, and really proud of the fact that I'm doing it, and hoping/aiming to continue at least till he is a year old. The beginning was so hard. Now I feel like I've really "gotten" it and I love the closeness with my baby.

I will never judge another mama for how she chooses to feed her child. Nursing is hard, and not easy (or possible) for everyone. But for me, it is a real accomplishment, and the best choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment