Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You and me and the cat makes...two, because you're living in California for a month.



So, my husband has been in Palo Alto since mid-September, working at a fancy Ivy-league school hospital that shall remain unnamed on this blog (but starts with an "S" and rhymes with "Manford") in the hopes of gaining some experience and possibly references/LORs for his residency applications.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer thanks to many things that have given me support during this time.
  • Skype
  • Friends
  • Texting
  • Mom
  • (and Dad, and Ryan)
  • My in-laws
  • Forever 21 (I could write a separate blog just on Forever 21, the gist of which would be: "Forever 21 is an oxymoron."), even though I am the oldest person who shops there - what can I say, I can afford their clothes.
  • PB&J's
  • Prewashed, prepackaged mixed greens
  • Any and all food
  • The Army wife in my sewing class who gave me a "you've got to be f***ing kidding me" look when I told her that I was having a hard time with him being gone for what I believed at the time would be two months.
  • Fela the cat
  • Beer
Now back to my beer. and cat.


3 comments:

  1. I bought many a items at Forever 21 while I was pregnant. It was my fave maternity store since everything was all billowy. Hope that makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the shout out, lol- Army wife from sewing class. Glad you guys got through it. My hubby's home now too, as of April.

    I saw your pregnancy pic on Facebook; congratulations!!! That brought me to your page, which brought me to your blog and I think it's pretty cool you had the chance to visit Vietnam, Laos, etc. for 6 weeks! Alek and I love to travel too, maybe one day we can make it to Asia; I'll have to hit you up for details on where to stay/what to eat etc. I have a blog too, but I'm not very diligent about updating it.

    http://fallchrysanthemum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...that is hilarious. You totally got the blog shout-out! I'm so glad your man is back. I can't imagine what it was like for you to have him over there - you guys are heroes! :) I'll check your blog out, too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete