Hello!
Matt convinced me to create a blog while we sat in the laundromat tonight and observed a gentleman playing the pinball machine with a great deal of gusto and drama. We watch people, especially people who don't know we're watching them. We see a lot of incredibly hilarious, disgusting, and wonderful things this way.Since we moved back to Austin last fall, we have been living a very happy life in a lovely, central apartment near downtown. In exchange for a great location, a beautiful neighborhood, and a very cool and funky little apartment in an old Victorian house, we sacrificed in-home laundry. We therefore spend one evening every week at the laundromat, where we have discovered people-watching of a higher, more entertaining caliber than we could have ever imagined.
I took a candid video of the pinball wizard, but unfortunately, the video was too large and I can't put it on here. I will try to make it up to you by making my blog awesome in the future.
Here is a picture of the sidewalk in front of my house last weekend. The wildflowers are raging in Austin right now. Our neighborhood is on a hill just to the west of downtown and is full of historical homes. I love it on this hill. I especially love the wildflowers and the roots of the giant Texas live oaks that destroy the sidewalks in front of the homes. I took this while I walked to our neighborhood coffeeshop to meet Matt...it's not the best picture...really, the greenery is more lush than my camera phone can do it justice:

And they smell amazing. I am especially excited about the wildflowers because my brother Ryan is coming to visit for a week on Wednesday, and I am trying to convince him to move to Austin. All of the streets in our neighborhood look like this right now. Just beyond where that sidewalk ends is a huge, grassy park.
Oh yes, we are Lindsay and Matt and our cat is Fela. I am an actor and singer (currently playing an executive assistant at a downtown Austin holding company) and Matt is a retired classical guitarist on a long-term sabbatical during which he is obtaining a doctorate in medicine. Fela is our 7-year-old Siamese cat that does nothing but love us and we love him back.
I have been meaning to blog for a long time, but I never seem to have the get-up-and-type to go through with it. So we'll see how this goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment